Ottawa Hardwood Siding Installation and Repair
Hardwood siding has been proven for its durability and high-quality finishes available in an impressive variety of colours.
Hardwood siding has been proven for its durability and high quality finishes available in an impressive variety of colours. Genuine wood siding is made according to the industry’s strictest standards for performance and appearance. Whether used alone or combined with our moulding or shingles, Hardwood siding will lend organic beauty and warmth to any architectural style for years to come.
SPECS (May Differ by Products)
- Provide Certificate of Quality Compliance from siding manufacturer upon completion of fabrication.
- Provide Certificate of Quality Compliance upon satisfactory completion of installation.
- Clapboard Siding: Western Lodgepole Pine or Eastern Spruce, NO. 1 select or better grade, factory finished, saw texture, bevel profile, cove or V-joint pattern, free of large knots, knot holes, or loose knots: maximum moisture content an average of 12 percent. Size: 16 mm thickness, 150 mm width, 114 mm actual coverage.
- Moldings and trim: Western Lodgepole Pine or Eastern Spruce, No. 1 select or better grade, factory finished same as siding.
- Strapping: Softwood Lumber, kiln dried treated with brush applied wood preservative.
- Nails: Mechanically galvanized, to securely and rigidly retain the work permanently in position, pre-finished baked on coating to match siding finish. Nails 64 mm long for siding and 83 mm for trims.
- Exterior Sheathing Membrane: CAN/CGSB 51.32M, Spun bonded olefin sheeting, conforming to ASTM D3575, single ply laminated and coated.
- Sealant: Thermoplastic type, colour to exactly match siding.
- Pre-finish color: Thermoplastic acrylic latex emulsion, factory coated under controlled environment conditions by a modified vacuum coat method, one prime coat and one finish coat, applied to all board surfaces, minimum 0.15 mm dry film thickness.
- Standard colour or custom colour from manufacturers range of colours.
- Touch-Up Paint: Thermoplastic acrylic latex emulsion, same type and colour as siding.